Fjord 33 MS

Frågor om Båtar och modeller.
Questions about boats and modells

Moderator: Lars Lundbladh

Skriv svar
Sophy

Fjord 33 MS

Inlägg av Sophy »

I am interested in sharing information about the up-keep of the Fjord 33 MS model, in particular;

(a) Has anyone modified the steering bridge on the ocean going model or changed it for a steering pedestal or pod?

(b) Problems with the cable steering system and subsequent repairs or modifications

(c) Keeping the doors weather tight

(d) Design of storm board for sailing in big seas

(e) Redesiging or modifying the galley (again on the ocean going version)

Sophy
cepe
Kontakt:

Inlägg av cepe »

What is a storm board?

When you are referring to the ocean going version of MS33, are you referring to the version with the galley in the doghouse?

--cepe
Sophy

Inlägg av Sophy »

Yes - galley in dog house.

Storm board in this case would be in the cock-pit, across the doors, to prevent water from going inside, in the event of waves washing into the cock-pit. The doors are not enough on their own.
godlej

fjord ms 33

Inlägg av godlej »

Hello, I'm new to this fourm business but will try to learn quickly. My questiion is a search for information. I've been looking at a variety of motor sailors and the fjord ms 33 has caught my eye. I am in the process of obtaining information in the form of some brouchures which will be sent to me shortly from an internet source. In the mean time I am open to any kind of information to assist me in getting a better profile of the boat. I live in Nova Scotia Canada and boats of this kind would be rare to view. Anyway I look forward to some discussion. The only frustration I have at the moment is that I don't read or speak Swedish. Thanks J. Godley
cepe
Kontakt:

Re: fjord ms 33

Inlägg av cepe »

Have a look at the artikle I wrote in this thread.

http://www.fjordclub.com/phpforum/viewt ... light=ms33
godlej

Inlägg av godlej »

Thankyou cepe, that is some good information, I was able to get an original brochure sent via the internet and have been looking at many boats for sale in many parts of europe. There does not appear to be any for sale in North America and I checked out the cost of shipping one from the UK to Halifax and it is not worth it.
My friends at our yacht club "Shearwater Yacht Club" feel it could be sailed across the ocean. Personally, I am not of the calibre a sailor as yet but it is a thought. Thanks again , regards John Godley
cepe
Kontakt:

Canadian MS33s

Inlägg av cepe »

There are a few MS33 in Canada, at least on the west coast and a couple in new England. Keep looking.

--cepe
Skriv svar